ㆍ Ph. D., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA (2007. 08)
ㆍ M. S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA (2004. 04)
ㆍ B. S., Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea (2002. 02)
ㆍ Visiting Professor, Stanford University, USA (2018. 03 ~ 2019.02)
스탠포드 대학교 응용물리학과 (Department of Applied Physics), 방문교수
스탠포드 대학교 국립 선형가속기연구소 (SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory), 방문교수
ㆍ Associate Professor, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea (2015. 09 ~ Present)
연세대학교 공과대학 전기전자공학부 부교수
ㆍ Assistant Professor, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea (2011. 03 ~ 2015. 08)
연세대학교 공과대학 전기전자공학부 조교수
ㆍ Postdoctoral Fellow, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, USA (2008. 01 ~ 2010. 12)
미국 로렌스 버클리 국립 연구소
RESEARCH INTEREST (연구주제)
ㆍ Quantum physics in van der Waals heterostructures
ㆍ Quantum spintronics using topological insulators
ㆍ Quantum phenomena in low-dimensional nanostructures
ㆍ Ultrafast optical and terahertz spectroscopy
ㆍ Time- and space-resolved scanning near-field optical microscopy
ㆍ Micro- and nano-scale device fabrication
ㆍ 연세대학교 우수연구업적 교수상 (2018)
ㆍ Korean Graphene Society, Young Research Achievement Award (2017)
ㆍ Samsung Electronics, HumanTech Paper Award (2015)
ㆍ Samsung Electronics, HumanTech Paper Award (2014)
ㆍ Haedong Young Engineer Award, IEEE Korea (2014)
ㆍ Best Teaching Award, Yonsei University (2012)
ㆍ 해외국비유학장학생 (구, 정보통신부) (2002)
5 Representative Publications († corresponding author, * first author)
1. S. Cha*, M. Noh*, J.-H. Kim, J. Son, H. Bae, D. Lee, H. Kim, J. Lee, H. Shin, S. Sim, S. Yang, C.-H. Lee, M.-H. Jo, J. S. Kim, D. Kim, and H. Choi†, “Generation, transport, and detection of valley-locked spin photocurrent in WSe2-graphene-Bi2Se3 heterostructures”,
Nature Nanotechnology, in press (2018).
2. S. Sim*, D. Lee*, A. V. Trifonov, T. Kim, S. Cha, J. H. Sung, S. Cho, W. Shim, M.-H. Jo and H. Choi†, “Ultrafast quantum beats of anisotropic excitons in atomically thin ReS2,”
Nature Communications 9, 351 (2018).
3. S. Cha*, J. H. Sung*, S. Sim, J. Park, H. Heo, M.-H. Jo†, and H. Choi†, “1s intraexcitonic dynamics in monolayer MoS2 probed by ultrafast mid-infrared spectroscopy,”
Nature Communications 7, 10768 (2016).
4. S. Sim*, D. Lee*, M. Noh, S. Cha, C. H. Soh, J. H. Sung, M. H. Jo, and H. Choi†, “Selectively tunable optical Stark effect of anisotropic excitons in atomically thin ReS2,”
Nature Communications 7, 13569 (2016).
5. S. Sim*, H. Jang, N. Koirala, M. Brahlek, J. Moon, J. H. Sung, J. Park, S. Cha, S. Oh, M.-H. Jo, J.-H. Ahn, and H. Choi†, “Ultra-high modulation depth exceeding 2,400 % in the optically-controlled topological surface plasmons,”
Nature Communications 6, 8814 (2015).