- [IGEE] UNFPA-Korea Launch of the State of the World Population Report 2022 (11 Nov.)
- Please see the attached details for the event hosted by our partner institution, UNFPA: ● Date: November 3, 2022, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM KST ● Participation: Virtual/Online (Zoom link will be provided for those who register for the event) ● RSVP(deadline: 28 October 2022): https://bit.ly/3SZMXOl ● Co-hosted by: Korean Parliamentary League on Children, Population and Environment (CPE), Korean Women’s Development Institute (KWDI), Korea Population, Health and Welfare Association (KoPHWA), and United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) - Seoul Representational Office
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2022.10.26
- [IGEE] RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE USRN VIRTUAL BOOT CAMP (Yonsei University won the 1st place)
- Organised by the University Social Responsibility Network (USRN) in collaboration with the Jockey Club Design Institute for Social Innovation of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, the USRN Virtual Boot Camp + Seed Fund Competition: Innovating for the COVID New Normal, has been completed with great success. Student participants were required to showcase their idea adoption projects on a specific theme which can address the needs of the identified users, present originality and potential for scalable adoption, and show promise in enhancing inclusivity in the community. The pitching of the 12 brilliant teams were highly appreciated and recognised by the judges. The USRN is delighted to announce the winning teams of the USRN Boot Camp as follows (institutions listed in alphabetical order): Home Institution Team Members Theme Ateneo de Manila University, the Philippines (Group 1 – Team 1) Janica Jienne ABELLA Frances Therese ONG Benedict Tyler O’YEK Arvin Martin SANTOS Joshua TANINGCO Elderly Ateneo de Manila University, the Philippines (Group 2 – Team 1) Kyle Russell ANDAYA Michelle CO Rey DELGADO Nirel Marie IBARRA Elderly The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR China (Group 1 – Team 3) Wai Yan CHAU Yuxuan FAN Hiu Ching TING Elderly Yonsei University, South Korea (Group 2 – Team 4) Yeonwoo CHOI Yewon KIM Seojin PARK Living with disabilities The 4 winning teams will be awarded with a Seed Fund (USD 2,000 for each team) to further develop and bring the ideas into actions from September to November 2022. The IGEE at Yonsei University continues to engage in nurturing the global citizenship of the Yonsei University students based on comprehensive global partnership and international cooperation for facilitating the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development ▲Pitch by Yonsei University team students. ☞Yonsei University's pitch ☞Seed Fund competition Result announcement #SDGs #IGEE #글로벌사회공헌원 #GEEF #GEEFforALL #USRN #UniversitySocialResponsibility #지속가능발전목표 #연세대 #Yonsei
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2022.09.22
- [Ban Ki-moon Center for International Cooperation] Call for Abstracts for the International USR Summit 2022 (~9/30)
- Dear colleagues, Please see the information below in regards to the upcoming International USR Summit held by our network partner, USRN(University Social Responsibility Network). =================================================================== [Sub Themes] -Assessing and Reinforcing USR Impacts -Collaborative Research to Address Global Challenges -Driving Institutional Changes for USR -Education to Cultivate Social Responsibility -Elevating Sustainable Development through Regional and Global Collaboration -Social Innovation for Inclusive Communities [Key Dates] -Abstract Submission Deadline: 30 September 2022 -Notification of Abstract Acceptance: 21 October 2022 -Summit Registration: July to October 2022 Submit Abstract: https://usrsummit2022.org/call-for-abstracts/
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2022.08.18
- [IGEE] 🌏Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum (GEEF) 2023 is coming back!
- ⏰GEEF 2023 will return on February 2 (Thu.)-3 (Fri.), 2023 under the theme, "Turning Point: From Crisis into Opportunity". ?It will be a critical moment to review the progress at the mid-way of SDGs. Stay tuned for numerous opinion leaders and experts' insights and experience.❕ ?IGEE YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/IGEEyonsei #SDG #SDGs #Sustainability #GEEF #GEEF2023 #YonseiUniversity #Yonsei #igee #igeeyonsei #글로벌사회공헌원 #연세대학교 #글로벌지속가능발전포럼
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2022.08.16
- [IGEE] GEEF 2022 Results
- Yonsei University successfully hosted the ‘4th Global Engagement and Empowerment Forum on Sustainable Development (GEEF 2022)’ • Under the theme of "REMEMBER Our Common Future", the Forum was held for two days from February 10th to 11th • Around 100 experts from around the world participated as speakers to present directions for the future of UN SDGs The 4th Global Engagement and Empowerment Forum on Sustainable Development (GEEF 2022), hosted by Yonsei University (President Seoung Hwan Suh) for two days on February 10th and 11th, ended successfully with 1,200 registrations around the world and accumulated more than 10,000 views on YouTube. The event, co-hosted by the Institute for Global Engagement & Empowerment at Yonsei University (IGEE), Ban Ki-moon Foundation for a Better Future, and Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens, revisited the meaning and achievements of the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) under the theme of “REMEMBER Our Common Future.” The forum also discussed the direction of changes in the international cooperation system for the post COVID-19 era. Around 100 experts from various fields around the world participated in one Special Session, three Plenary Sessions, and twelve Featured & Scientific Sessions that covered a wider array of topics compared to previous forums. The Forum provided simultaneous English Korean interpretations and sign language interpretation for all sessions to allow for more inclusive participation in sharing wisdom for coexistence. At the opening ceremony held on February 10th, Seoung Hwan Suh, President of Yonsei University, said, “Since its establishment in 1885 and during its 137-year history, Yonsei University has continuously contributed to society, motivated by its core values of mutual solidarity, commitment, and engagement,” adding, “As a leading university and SDG champion in Korea, we will continue to promote awareness and efforts to contribute to a sustainable future.” Honorary Chair of the IGEE at Yonsei University and the 8th UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon stated, “Today’s Forum deals with many interesting topics including sustainable development goals, women’s health, COVID-19 vaccine accessibility, global citizenship for a sustainable tomorrow.” He added, “I am certain that this forum will bring about concrete suggestions and ideas for the better future of humanity.” Heinz Fischer, the 11th President of Austria, then stressed that “Conferences like GEEF, the exchange of opinions that lead to action, the sincere will to improve our society and the commitment to human rights are important elements for a better future.” Choi Jong-moon, the 2nd Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Korea, stated in his congratulatory remarks, “I would like to highlight the critical importance of forging multi-stakeholder partnerships to achieve sustainable development.” adding, “To this end, I look forward to the Forum’s continued leadership in engaging diverse stakeholders in our common quest towards the 2030 agenda.” During the keynote speech, the Deputy Secretary-General of the UN, Amina J. Mohammed, emphasized that “There is no denying that the pandemic has made out task even harder... Now is not the time to simply list or lament challenges. Now is the time to act,” adding, “The actions we take today will determine where we stand on the SDGs in 2030. This will shape conditions for decades and generations to come. Strengthened cohesion and forward-looking action can prevent and respond to future crises, climate-related disasters, famine, conflict, and public health emergencies.” In the Special Session held on the morning of the 10th, speakers under the theme of “REMEMBER Our Common Future” examined the past, present, and future of SDGs. The Special Session started with Gro Harlem Brundtland, the former Prime Minister of Norway, also known as the "mother of SDGs," and Ban Ki-moon, Honorary Chair of the IGEE, reaffirming the importance of international cooperation and education written in the 1987 "Our Common Future" Report at a time when global cooperation for sustainable development is retreating due to COVID-19. The two concluded their conversation by anticipating a better future created by the younger generation. Then, Jyotsna Puri, the Associate Vice-President of the Strategy and Knowledge Department at the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) under the United Nations, emphasized the worldwide increase of socially marginalized people due to deterioration in various areas such as poverty, hunger, inequality, and climate. She then introduced IFAD’s efforts to achieve SDGs. JH Kah, Executive Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer of YG Entertainment, introduced K-Pop’s role in communicating with the younger generation through cultural and artist influence. He also talked about social participation activities based on the positive influence of YG artists such as BLACKPINK (UN SDG Advocates), AKMU, and YOON. Finally, former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea, Kang Kyung-wha, discussed various issues and the future state of the world through topics such as climate change, clean water, quality of education, and sustainable development with eight youth representatives from six different countries around the world. Former Minister Kang expressed that it is encouraging to see that young people have ideas, and a firm will to achieve SDGs and that the voices of the youth must be reflected as they head towards the milestone year of 2030. A total of 15 Plenary Sessions and Featured & Scientific Sessions included participation from Director General of International Vaccine Institute (IVI), Jerome Kim, Executive Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Mahmoud Mohieldin, Minister of Education and Religious Affairs of Greece, Nikki Kerameus, and many other distinguished speakers. They shared ideas for achieving UN SDGs in various areas, including vaccine accessibility, social care, SDGs index, and global citizenship. The participants particularly agreed on the importance of rebuilding the international cooperation system, which was disrupted by the pandemic, and urged for rapid change. Finally, Park Young-Ryeol, Chair of the Institute of Global Engagement and Empowerment (IGEE) at Yonsei University, stated, “IGEE at Yonsei University will continue to progress in teaching and researching about sustainable development to build a better world, and create a new path as a university that leads the era of the new-normal,” and promised GEEF’s return in 2023. The Forum was officially sponsored by FleishmanHillard Korea, Hanbul Motors, Botanicsens, Incheon Port Authority, and Korea Tourism Organization. It was held as part of the Fourth Phase of the BK21 graduate school innovation project. The entire Forum is recorded and available on Yonsei University IGEE’s Official YouTube channel. Photos and materials of the event will be available at GEEF’s official website (www.geef-sd.org). <Institute for Global Engagement & Empowerment at Yonsei University> The Institute for Global Engagement & Empowerment (IGEE) (Leadership: Honorary Chair, Ban Ki-moon; Chairman Young-Ryeol Park) was launched in 2017 with the goal of producing "Creative leaders with community spirit" while upholding the university's main principles of Coexistence and Engagement, Creativity and Innovation, and Challenge and Excellence. Affiliated organizations include Ban Ki-moon Center for International Cooperation, Yonsei Institute for Global Health, and Center for Global Sustainability.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2022.02.22
- [IGEE] Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum 2022
- Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum 2022 will be held online from February 10th to 11th. For further information, please go to the program detail on the website. **GEEF 2022 Website http://geef-sd.org/html/ If you have any questions about the forum, please feel free to contact GEEF-Secretariat through the contact information below. *Tel: 82-2-2123-4424, 4439 * E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2022.02.04
- [USRN] About the University Social Responsibility (USR) Month
- Yonsei University as a member of USRN, hereby introducing the USR Month! The University Social Responsibility Network (USRN) has identified the month of October as USR month. Member institutions of the USRN will demonstrate and highlight their commitment to social responsibility by showcasing their social responsibility activities during this month. It is hoped that through their commemoration of USR Month, universities affiliated to the USRN will be able to learn from each other’s USR initiatives as well as motivate other universities outside the USRN to strengthen their USR initiatives. Ultimately, it is hoped that there will be increased awareness of USR, propelling a USR movement in the global higher education sector. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6QwRa5I5VU
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2021.10.19
- [IGEE] International Symposium and Expo on Service-Learning and Socially Responsible Global Citizenship [July 9-10, 2021]
- IGEE at Yonsei University's partner, Hong Kong Polytechnic University welcomes you to the International Symposium and Expo on Service-Learning and Socially Responsible Global Citizenship. Through this Online Symposium and Expo, it is hoped that teachers, students, and the community will be connected to share their Service-Learning experiences and showcase their projects without the physical limitations of geographical boundaries and the hassles of time zones. The Symposium and Expo will also provide spaces for link-minded colleagues to share practices, expertise and collaborations Registration is open now. The full symposium programme can be viewed at the event website. Please help to forward this message to your colleagues, students and partners who may be of interest. Should you have any enquiries of the Symposium, please contact the organising office at 852-2766 4376 / email@example.com. PolyU International Symposium and Expo on Service-Learning and Socially Responsible Global Citizenship (July 9-10, 2021) Website: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/sllo/symposium/ Registration: https://polyu.hk/GYjaw Enquiries: 2766 4376 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2021.06.29
- [IGEE] The first「GEEF for ALL」special seminar - A global call for urgent action to promote peace and human rights in Myanmar
- The Institute for Global Engagement & Empowerment (IGEE) at Yonsei University held its first special forum, ‘GEEF for ALL,’ via YouTube on May 10, 2021. ‘GEEF for ALL’ is being held quarterly regarding the topic of ‘Sustainable Development.’ Its first special seminar, held under the theme “Human Rights and Peace of Myanmar,” discussed the overall critical situation, which was mainly caused by the military coup in February. The first ‘GEEF for ALL’ began with a special speech by Ban Ki-moon, the Honorary Chair of IGEE (8th Secretary-General of the United Nations), followed by a keynote speech by Yanghee Lee, a professor at Sungkyunkwan University (former UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Myanmar.) The seminar was moderated by Lee Sang Kook, a professor from the Department of Cultural Anthropology at Yonsei University, and the speakers and panelists included Dr. Maung Zarni, the Co-founder of FORSEA (Forces of Renewal Southeast Asia), Mr. Maung Zaw, the representative of ThaByae (an organization supporting child health and education in Myanmar), and Kim Young-Mi, a Korean production director specializing in global disputes. Throughout the seminar, they not only discussed the details of the Myanmar crisis but also recognized the gravity of the issue and debated the means of responding to the current situation in Myanmar. In his opening speech, Honorary Chair Ban Ki-moon emphasized that “the Myanmar crisis is neither a domestic situation nor an internal matter,” and that he urges “the UN and ASEAN leaders to take immediate actions to halt the violence and bloodshed, and initiate a process to restore peace and democracy in Myanmar.” Professor Yanghee Lee stressed that “the Security Council, individual states, and groups of states can all apply pressure to the military by supporting the ‘3-cuts strategy’: cutting the weapons, cash, and impunity,” She further added that urgent actions must be taken to “support the peoples of Myanmar as they fight to free themselves from tyranny.” During the panel discussion, the inhumane actions carried out by the military, the military’s aggressive suppression strategies, and Myanmar’s current human rights issues were further discussed. Dr. Maung Zarni, the Co-founder of FORSEA firmly stated that the ultimate goal of the peoples of Myanmar is to “not simply return to the pre-coup limited democracy within the framework of the military’s Constitution of the year 2008,” but to establish a “New Inclusive Society & Federal Democracy,” in which universal human rights are protected. Mr. Maung Zaw, the Representative of ThaByae as well as a human rights activist highlighted that “the younger generation is fighting at the frontline of the protests against the military coup,” and that “although it may take quite some time, the peoples of Myanmar will incessantly fight for the restoration of democracy.” Moreover, production director Kim Young-Mi introduced three youth protestors, who had become leaders of the resistance after the military launched a coup in February. She also touched on Myanmar’s tragic reality and the military’s flagrant abuse of human rights. She emphasized that now could be “the golden time” to restore peace and human rights in Myanmar. All the speakers who participated in the discussion shared a common opinion that the international community, including ASEAN countries, and the United Nations must cooperate to ameliorate and resolve the current situation in Myanmar. The Institute for Global Engagement and Empowerment (IGEE) at Yonsei University was established in 2017 to strengthen the university's social responsibility to educate future leaders of our society under three significant values: engagement, innovation, and excellence. With the aim of increasing awareness of the importance of sustainable development, IGEE has been hosting an annual international GEEF (Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum on Sustainable Development) in February. “GEEF for ALL” was created to serve as an effective and sustainable platform to share constructive opinions and raise awareness of global issues. ‘GEEF for ALL’ seminars will be continuously held in the future and actively engage in the UN 2030 agenda for sustainable development in high hopes of creating a better world for everyone. Attachments A) Ban Ki-moon, Honorary Chair of IGEE at Yonsei University addresses the audience at the first ‘GEEF for ALL’ on May 10, 2021. B) Professor Lee Sang Kook(Left) from Yonsei University, Professor Yanghee Lee(Center) from Sungkyunkwan University, and Production Director Kim Young-Mi(Right) discuss the Myanmar crisis at the first ‘GEEF for ALL’ on May 10, 2021.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2021.05.13
- [IGEE] Join us at the GEEF for ALL Special seminar: 「Human Rights & Peace of Myanmar」!
- The Institute for Global Engagement & Empowerment (IGEE) at Yonsei University holds to the Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum on Sustainable Development (GEEF) special seminar in title of GEEF for ALL. IGEE hosts the first special seminar, the GEEF for ALL: Human Rights & Peace of Myanmar to actively engage in and explore ways of strengthening global partnership to ameliorate the situation and ensure the safety and human rights of the current residents in Myanmar! Join us to the GEEF for ALL seminar from 3PM to 4:30PM(Seoul, South Korea), Monday, May 10, 2021, you can watch the event in real-time from anywhere in the world! The registration for GEEF for ALL: Human Rights & Peace of Myanmar is currently available at: "Go to Registration" Looking forward to e-meeting you soon!
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2021.05.03