- [IGEE] GEEF 2021 Results
- Global Engagement and Empowerment Forum (GEEF) 2021 Results Discussions about the global cooperation and its changes in the post-pandemic world On February 4 and 5, Yonsei University held Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum on Sustainable Development (GEEF) with about 3,500 participants online. During the Special Conversation with Angelina Jolie and Ban Ki-moon, there were about 1,000 real-time participants. The topic of the third GEEF was '3Ps Beyond Security: Peace, Prosperity, and Partnership.' Accordingly, the speakers discussed about the changes in global cooperation for the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the time of extended crisis of COVID-19 and the effect of climate change. Seoung Hwan Suh said in his Welcome Remarks on February 5, "GEEF will play a pivotal role in presenting solutions for future generations with experts from all sectors. The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kang Kyung-wha, underlined "the importance of equitable and affordable supply of vaccine" in the Congratulatory Remark on the same day. The former Austrian President Heinz Fischer stressed the importance of the efforts to advance the SDGs. In her Keynote Speech, UN Deputy Secretary-General, Amina J. Mohammed emphasized the role of the international community to guarantee the rights of vulnerable groups and to create an inclusive society. The first president of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, Colombian President, Iván Duque Márquez, and the 12th World Bank President, Jim Yong Kim also made a Keynote Speech emphasizing the use of multilateralism and innovative technologies to overcome COVID-19 and poverty. From 9:10 am on February 5, a Round Table was held on the theme of 'Global Partnership During and Post-COVID-19', and from 3 pm on the same day, a Plenary Session was held on the theme of "Towards Carbon Neutrality for Planetary Sustainability." The third GEEF was attended by world renowned experts and scholars from various fields, including Margaret Chan, the 7th Secretary General of the World Health Organization (WHO), Jeffrey D. Sachs, Professor of Columbia University, A. K. Abdul Momen, Foreign Minister of Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh, Maria Castillo-Fernandez, EU Ambassador to Republic of Korea, Patrick V. Verkooijen, CEO of the Global Center on Adaptation (GCA), Soogil Young, CEO of the Korea Sustainable Development and Solution Network (SDSN), Bindu N. Lohani, Chairman of Board, Clean Air Asia, and Jean Asselborn, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs, Luxembourg. Participants gathered their ideas for what kind of efforts and common resources will be necessary for the recovery and cooperation for the collapsing humanity. Although on-site participation was not open to the public, there were active discussions among the participants through Youtube Live. On February 5, from 10:40 am Angelina Jolie, Special Envoy of the UNHCR and Ban Ki-moon, Honorary Chair of the Institute for Global Engagement and Empowerment (the 8th UN Secretary-General) discussed the need for global cooperation to cope with global inequality caused by COVID-19 and climate change, as well as global efforts for children, women, and refugees. Angelina Jolie said, "there is no better investment than investment in refugees," stressing that "it is not only a humane thing to do, but also it is a smart thing to do." The speakers agreed on the urgency of the mental health issues of refugees situated in human rights violations and the need for education to help children recognize their own rights. In addition, experts in six academic Featured Sessions sought international cooperation after COVID-19 in various fields such as future direction for achieving SDGs, higher education, social and creative innovation, and utilization of 4th industrial revolution technology. In his closing remarks, Ban Ki-moon emphasized the importance of "sustainability based on solidarity with each other." The event ended with a message that "cooperation beyond borders should lead to the progress of the Paris Agreement on Sustainable Development Goals and Climate Change set by the UN." GEEF is jointly sponsored by Institute for Global Engagement and Empowerment at Yonsei University, Ban Ki-moon Foundation for A Better Future, and Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens in Austria. This year's event was officially sponsored by POSCO, FleishmanHillard Korea, and Hanbul Motors. The forum was streamed on Youtube Live (www.youtube.com/c/IGEEyonsei) in both English and Korea and photos will be provided on the GEEF website (www.geef-sd.org/).
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2021.02.22
- International University Social Responsibility (USR): Priorities for the Next Decade 2021
- IGEE's partner, University of Social Responsibility Network (USRN) is opening online registration for International University Social Responsibility (USR): Priorities for the Next Decade For detailed information, Please visit USR Summit 2021 Website. USR Summit Promo Codes for Yonsei University 390695971200 559843946506 Registration Link
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2021.01.19
- [IGEE] Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum 2021
- Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum 2021 will be held online from February 4th to 5th. For further information, please go to the program detail on the website. **GEEF 2021 Website http://geef-sd.org/html/ If you have any questions about the forum, please feel free to contact GEEF-Secretariat through the contact information below. *Tel: 82-2-2123-4424, 4439 * E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2021.01.15
- [Ban Ki-moon Center for Sustainable Development] [Social Engagement Fund 2018] Research / Activity Report
- IGEE has supported 5 teams' research and student activity from September 1, 2018 ~ August 31, 2019 under name of SEF 2018. Total 41,850,000KRW were supported for the 5 teams. SEF 2019 is ongoing through University Innovation Support Project's support (September 1, 2019 ~ August 31, 2020).
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2020.02.14
- [IGEE] GEEF 2020 Internship Program announcement (2nd Notice)
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.12.30
- [Center for Social Engagement] Recruitment for China-Japan-Korea SERVE Initiative 2019 Program
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.05.27
- [IGEE] Recruitment of the 2019 Solution Lab Research Teams
- [IGEE] Recruitment of the 2019 Solution Lab Research Teams ※ The research grants on the 2019 Solution Lab are funded by the University Innovation Program. 1. Summary of the Research Projects a. Subject: Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Social Engagement b. Goal: A practical contribution to the society and a creation of a socially participating culture at Yonsei University by suggesting solutions for current social issues through the collective knowledge 2. Details a. Qualifications: More than 2 faculty members or postdoctoral researchers at Yonsei University must be included in a team. ※ Experts in relevant fields may be included. ※ The affiliations or the majors of team members must be different. (It is according to the meeting costs standards from the University Innovation Program by the Ministry of Education.) b. Research Period: July 1st, 2019 ~ January 31st, 2020 (7 months) c. Research Grants: KRW 2,000,000 / team (for meetings, supplies, printing and publishing) d. The Number of Teams: about 5 teams 3. Application a. Submit your application to email@example.com b. Closing Date: 18:00 (KST), June 7th, 2019 4. Announcement of the Result Selected teams will be contacted individually. 5. Others a. The supported fund must be used by using a corporate credit card, which is issued for the IGEE and given to the team representative. The expenditure provisions follow the regulations of the finance department at Yonsei University. (Please refer to the detailed regulations of the Solution Lab.) b. The result report must be submitted within 1 week after the end of the project. (in English, in writing) c. If using the content and the result of your project for another purpose, it must be stated that the project is funded by the Solution Lab Program of the IGEE. 6. Contact a. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org b. +82-(0)2-2123-4423
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.05.22
- [IGEE] Towards Global Peace: Strengthening Youth's Involvement in the Global Nuclear Dialogue
- Registration for "Towards Global Peace: Strengthening Youth's Involvement in the Global Nuclear Dialogue" is now open!! Please click below for your registration and more information about the program. bit.ly/tgpkorea We are also looking for Korean graduate students who can share their views on the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula during the event session. Please refer to the attached file for more details.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.05.15
- [IGEE] Recruitment for 2019 Social Engagement Fund Research Teams
- Institute of Global Engagement & Empowerment (IGEE) at Yonsei University is recruiting for research teams for 2019 Social Engagement Fund (SEF). 1. Qualifications - Postdoc team: faculty members or postdoctoral researchers working at Yonsei University - Student team: (under)graduate students attending Yonsei University (Please be notedthat this project is only for the members of Yonsei University, since theresearch grants are funded as a part of the University Innovation Program.) 2. Research Period : 1st July, 2019 – 30th June, 2020 (1 year) 3. Recruitment Schedule - Submission of Applications & Documents: 31st May, 2019 (by 18:00 KST) - Final Announcement: 21st June, 2019 4. Details Post-doc team Student team Number of teams 3 teams 3 teams Funds (per team) KRW 10,000,000 KRW 5,000,000 - Since 2019 SEF is funded by the Ministryof Education’s University Innovation Program, it is not possible to pay laborcosts and research overheads. (Labor Costs: including labor costs and researchallowances) 5. Application : Submit your applications to email@example.com Results will be posted on the IGEE website and selected applicants will be notified per e-mail. Please check the attachment for more detailed information.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.04.25
- [IGEE] Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum(GEEF) 2019 Registration
- Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum (GEEF) 2019 Registration is now open!! Please visit our GEEF 2019 Website for your registration. *GEEF 2019 http://geef-sd.org You can see program details from the poster below and from Website.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.01.21
- [Center for Social Engagement] USR month (V - Forum) Volunteer Forum
- Co-hosted by the Institute for Global Engagement and Empowerment (IGEE) and Yonsei University Association of Volunteer Clubs, this forum will create a platform to share the experience and knowledge of strategies for professional volunteer service and related technical and legal issues. The representatives of the volunteer clubs will also participate in the discussions on the innovative volunteer services and the management of volunteer clubs. This event will provide a solid network not only among the volunteers but also the volunteer clubs.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.01.04