Health Service Center $
Health Service Center provides on-campus healthcare services, for maintaining and improving the health of current undergraduate and graduate students as well as faculty members.
As a primary care practice, they offer a range of services, including internal medicine care, vaccinations, external wound treatment, health check-ups, health consultations, diagnostic tests, urine tests, ECG (electrocardiogram), body fat check-ups. We also issue health check-up reports and referral requests.
How to use the services
- If you have paid the healthcare service fee, you are entitled to the following benefits:
- 1 free health check-up each semester (check-up schedule to be announced)
- Free access to the Resting Room
- Free treatment of minor injuries
- Free urine dipstick test
Please make sure to bring your Yonsei Student ID card when visiting the Health Service Center.
- If you have not paid the healthcare service fee, you will be charged extra for services provided by the Health Center.
- If you are a member of the Mutual Benefit Association for Student Health, you will be charged 10% of the total medical bill for services covered by insurance. If not, you will be charged 100% of the total bill.
- Mutual Benefit Association for Student Health : +82-2-2123-3350, 3351, 3352
- Health Service Center is not subject to the separation of drug prescribing and dispensing and the National Health Insurance Service. They do not write prescriptions for outside pharmacies or dispense prescriptions written by other hospitals.
Where is Health Service Center?
- info : Sinchon Campus (Seoul)
- Contact : +82-2-2123-3346~7
- Location : Student Union Hall 2F (Building. 207)
- info : International Campus (Incheon)
- Contact : +82-32-749-2118~9
- Location : at Wisdom Hall A 1F (Building.304)
Severance Hospital $$$
Yonsei University Health System is comprised of the following:
Severance Hospital (including 5 specialized Hospitals, International Health Care Center, Severance Robot and MIS Center) and Dental Hospital in Sinchon, Seoul; Gangnam Severance Hospital in Gangnam area, located in the Southern part of Seoul (including 3 Specialized Hospitals) and Yongin Severance Hospital in satellite cities near Seoul(Yongin)
International Health Care Center
Opened in 1962, Korea’s first international clinic has been providing high-quality medical services to foreign patients. In the International Health Care Center, specialists who are fluent in English provide medical care and interpretation services for Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Middle Eastern and Mongolian patients. The center helps foreign patients in their complete recovery through limousine services for VIP foreign patients, fast track medical care personalized to the schedules of foreign patients, exclusive lounges, on-call services, and follow up (smart e-health system) after returning home.
- info : International Health Care Center
- Contact : +82-2-2228-5800
- Location : 3F, Severance Hospital Main Buidling
Please refer to Severance International Health Center website for further information.
Medical Direct Seoul : Urgent call 119
Call 119 Medical Direct Seoul! Seoul City provides 24 hour medical service, free of charge in English and Chinese(Language service via Korea Tourism Organization).
Medical translation, clinic & hospital information first-aid instruction(Ambulance dispatch), counseling with health care professionals
English and Chinese services are possible when you ask e.g.) Can I speak in English?
Public Health Care Center (서대문보건소) $
Public Health Care Center provides certain medical services in a reasonable price. Services may be different depending on visa types. The closest one near the Sinchon Campus is the Seodaemun District Public Health Care Center.
Please refer to Seodaemun-gu Public Health Care Center website for further information.
Hospitals with International Clinics $$$
If you live off-campus and looking for international clinics near your place, the information provided by Seoul Metropolitan City might be of help. Bring your ARC and NHI card when visiting the hospital.
- info : Seoul National UniversityHospital
- Contact : +82-2-3410-2060+82-10-8831-2890
- Location : Jongro District
- info : Soonchunhyang University Hospital
- Contact : +82-2-709-9117
- Location : Yongsan District
- info : Kyunghee University Hospital Hanyang
- Contact : +82-2-2258-5747
- Location : Dongdaemun District
- info : University Seoul Hospital
- Contact : +82-2-2290-8283
- Location : Seongdong District
- info : Asan Medical Center
- Contact : +82-2-3010-3333
- Location : Asan Medical Center
- info : Seoul St. Mary's Hospital
- Contact : +82-10-6402-9550
- Location : Seocho District
- info : amsung Medical Center
- Contact : +82-2-2258-2020
- Location : Gangnam District
[Source: Medical Direct Seoul]