- Only visiting (Fee-paying) students are eligible to apply for scholarships.
(Exchange students for summer pay their tuition fee to the home university and are not eligible for scholarship)
- Applicants who received admission should mark desired scholarships on their application and submit required documents via email firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the scholarships. (Kim Suk-Hi and Do-Sim, Yonsei Alumni Scholarships and Re-Enrollent Benefit)
- The total scholarship amount cannot surpass the students’ tuition fee amount.
Kim Suk-Hi and Do-Sim Scholarship by May 25
Learn more about Dr. Kim Suk-Hi, the founder of the scholarship [CLICK]
- A need-based scholarship: Tuition support KRW 1,000,000 & Housing fee KRW 900,000
- Scholarship Result Announcement: July 14 via email (only successful applicants will be contacted via email)
Only those students taking more than 2 courses are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Required Documents
- Students who wish to pay in another currency rather than KRW are strongly recommended to make their payments by considering the exchange rate on the date of the transaction including bank charges.
- Students who are appointed as Summer Exchange Students and apply through their home institutions will have their tuition and application fee exempted by YISS as they must pay tuition fees to their home institutions instead.
Yonsei Alumni Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarship : Students whose parents are graduates of Yonsei University
- 1 course - KRW 200,000 / 2 courses: KRW 300,000 / 3 courses: KRW 400,000
- Required Documents (Email submission by May 25)
- Certificate of Graduation from Yonsei University
- Proof of Kinship (Birth Certificate, Family Registry, etc.)
Late submission is not accepted.
- Re-Enrollment Benefit : KRW 100,000
- All students who already have participated in YISS or WAY program in the past can enjoy a benefit of KRW 100,000 discount, and it will be deducted from the tuition fee. In order for this benefit to be applied, applicants should inform YISS office by email when admission offer is given.
- Important Notice
- Re-enrolling students must notify YISS office of re-enrollment information(past student ID, email address, etc that you can be identified with) via email (email@example.com) upon admission offer given. The notification deadline is by May 25, and no later notification is not accepted.
- Re-enrollment benefit cannot be duplicated with early bird promotion.
- APRU & AEARU Scholarship : KRW 100,000
- All students who are enrolled in the APRU and AEARU associate university will receive the APRU & AEARU Scholarship automatically.
- Applications must be complete with online application and application fee.
- The APRU & AEARU Scholarship (KRW 100,000) will be applied on your tuition fee as fee deduction.
Scholastic Awards (Given after the program is over)
- KRW 600,000(For students who take 2 courses and earn A+ in all courses)
- KRW 1,200,000(For students who take 3 courses and earn A+ in all courses)
- Important Notice
- Students who meet the above requirement will be contacted via email in late August after the program ends.
- Internship is not counted as a course here as it is based on the letter graded.
- Exchange students are not eligible for this scholarship