Students who desire to extend their sojourn period in Korea must apply for a visa extension before the ARC expiration date.
1. Application of Permission for Extension of Stay (신청서) [Form Download]
2. Passport (여권) & Alien Registration Card (외국인등록증)
3. Confirmation of the Thesis/Dissertation Advisor (지도교수 및 유학담당자 확인서) [Form Download]
4. Certificate of Attendance (재학증명서) & Transcript (성적증명서)
5. Certificate of Completion (수료증명서) - Please contact the GIT Office to issue (firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. (only those who receive scholarships from the school) Certificate of Scholarship (장학금수혜증명서) - Please contact the GIT Office to issue (email@example.com)
7. Bank Statement (재정입증서류) - certificate of deposit balance (잔고증명서) & 6 months of bank transaction history (6개월간 통장거래내역서) (please visit the bank)
e.g. for a 6-month extension, the applicant shall prove at least 2,250,000 KRW in the bank account. (based on the criteria of thesis writing students / subject to change)
8. Certificate of Residence (체류지입증서류)
8-a. (for dormitory residents) Yonsei Portal > Academic Management System > School Life > Songdo Dormitory > Certificate of Residence
8-b. (for those who live outside the campus) Contact the house owner or host and fill out the Confirmation of Residence/Accommodation [Form Download]
9. Application Fee (수수료) - 60,000 KRW
※ You MUST make an appointment with the immigration office before your ARC expires.
※ Application for a visa extension is available four months ahead of its expiration date.
※ If the visa expires without making an extension, the student shall pay the penalty according to Article 25 of the Immigration Act.