Yonsei PSIS strives to foster budding talent in a wide stretch of fields, through teaching the theories and practice of politics in general, and advancing research on rapidly changing domestic and international issues
Its educational raison d'etre lies in furnishing systematic training in various methodologies and theories that scientifically explore and interpret political phenomena, for not only prospective researchers, but also aspiring professionals in the fields of practical politics and diplomacy.
Therefore, the undergraduate program’s educational direction and purpose is to cultivate in its students the insight and professional capacity for analyzing political phenomena.
Detailed Majors and Focus Areas
- Political Thought and Method
- This course discusses the political ideologies of East and West by period and issue using political thought and theory fundamental to political science in general while also learning the specifics of measurement and investigative methodology.
- Comparative Politics
- Comparative Politics focuses on the theory and methodology used in comparative political research and the political economy, regional politics, and electoral politics in detail.
- International Politics and Foreign Policy
- IR covers basic theories of international relations, international politics, international law, international organizations, and international conflict in detail. It also covers the theory and history of foreign policy, regional and international topics, international organizations, and international conflicts from a diplomatic point of view.
- Korean Politics
- Korean Politics deals with the overall political landscape of Korea and teaches Korean political parties, parliamentary makeup, elections, political economy, and North Korean politics based on historical review.
Prospects and Career Paths after Graduation
Graduates of the department have gone on to pursue master and doctoral programs at Korean and overseas universities, or to work in government-funded research institutes, corporations, the media, the government, and the National Assembly.
Tel : +82-2-2123-2940 / E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Room 216, Yonsei University Yonhee Hall, 50 Yonsei-Ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 03722, Korea