As the importance of Statistics increases every day, the demand for advanced statistical expertise is also increasing explosively. As a result, many graduates are working in various fields of finance, consulting, government institution, biotechnology and medicine and IT.
- Finance : Research Analysis, Market Analysis, Quant Analysis
- Credit Rating: Development and operation of corporate credit rating model
- Risk management service: Analysis of delinquency rate, loan loss ratio and development of solutions
- Actuarial services: Development of insurance products and pension-related products
Career at government agencies that use statistics as the main business tool, including Statistics Korea
Career in fields that require statistical method for an active analysis of corporate behavior and statistical analysis Back Office for Accurate and efficient decision making.
Career in software field where various statistical techniques are used or in statistical application fields used in the telecommunication manufacturing industry
Career in biology / medicine statistics field related to clinical test field including drug development
- Corporates and others
- Market research: Demand forecasting, Data analysis of competitors
- Quality Management: Process Management, Quality Inspection, Six-Sigma Planning / Management
- CRM : Customer Relationship Management
Progress to Graduate School
As the demand for statistical expertise is rising, students who aim to cultivate their abilities beyond the undergraduate level may progress into master’s/doctoral courses in our graduate school, or continue their studies at leading universities overseas. Graduate students in master’s/doctoral courses who are admitted through a high competition are making advancement as high-level statistical experts in various fields including the Statistics, and also playing a leading role in the academia based on the quality education provided by our department